Thursday, January 12, 2012

Red Rocks Climbing Trip 2012

Well, I made it out to Red Rocks near Las Vegas again this winter break! It was awesome. I went with my friends Claire and Tim, and our friend Kami met up with us down there. Claire had her hardest onight yet - Back Gold 5.10b at the Black Corridor. Tim learned how to lead climb, his first lead was on Brief Encounter 5.8 at the Panty wall. And I onsighted another 5.12a which was pretty sweet. I was also able to onsight some pretty cool 5.11s. I decided that like my trip to Skaha I was not really going to try to redpoint anything. I decided to focus entirely on onsighting - that way I get more routes in, instead of tiring myself out on one route. I made a video to document some of the awesomeness of the trip. It's a little bit long (20 minutesish) but I think it's pretty good and gets a bunch of the highlights in there.

Claire was complaining about how she hates the font "Comic Sans" so I made all of the fonts Comic Sans (alhtough I think I forgot to make the credits Comic Sans). I hope you enjoy it Claire! And I hope everyone else who watches enjoys it too!

We met a guy named Vance on the trip. I told him to check out my blog in like a weeks time. I included his TR ascent of Rebel Without a Pause 5.11b. If you ever see the video Vance make sure to leave a comment!

Without further ado, here's the video:
PS: If you watch the video from Vimeo's website you can watch it in HD!!! :)

Red Rocks Climbing Trip 2012 from MikeG on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet, I made the video! It was cool seeing some of the other routes you guys climbed. The opening sequence with the fall was classic. Add me to Facebook when you get the chance so I can connect with everybody. My last name is Felton.

    Vance

    ReplyDelete